CoSer 528 - Industry/Education Activities Coordination
A. Basic Career Education Services:
All of the options listed below could be integrated into curricula addressing the New York State Learning Standards for Career Development & Occupational Studies (CDOS.)
- Career Education Speakers
- Phone Interviews for Career Research Project
- Career Day Events
- Career Panels
- Job Shadowing - individual or small group, for students (primarily juniors & seniors) and/or educators
- Career-related field trips including tours of business and industry sites
- Mock Interviews
- Working Worlds in-service for educators
- Architectural Awareness Program - Middle School level
- Educator Staff Development including Career Plan Training & CDOS Workshops
- Student Data tracking - customized district reports of all activities - BEDS data for work-based learning and business involvement
Fee is based upon district K-12 enrollment excluding out-of-district special education students.
Modified base services are available upon request with a meet-and-agree to determine level of services. Fees are based upon the specific request, the amount of staff time required, and direct program expenses. Modified base services are a short-term agreement until funding is restored.
B. Mentoring Programs
career education focused, middle school and high school, customized to fit the needs of the district requesting services
C. High School Internships
unpaid short-term placements, based upon career interest.
D. Service Learning
customized programs focusing on integration of service learning into classroom instruction
E. Additional Career Services
cost based upon request and staff time. Examples: summer school career-related services, requests for additional staff time, after-school career programs, Pre-K career services, Career Plan support, Career Plan Portfolio review, scholarship search assistance, CDOS Online Course, and any customized new programs.
F. Youth Leadership Institute
one week summer leadership workshop for sophomores and juniors. Sessions focus on leadership development plus the opportunity to develop a public speaking presentation.