Nutrition Links:


Alliance for a healthy Generation
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is a partnership between the American Heart Association and the William J. Clinton Foundation who have come together to fight one of our nation's leading health threats - childhood obesity.
The United States Department of Agriculture's interactive website contains MyPyramid for Kids and The 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, as well as games, activities, and meal planning tools.

Healthy Youth! - Nutrition
The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention offer data and statistics regarding the nutrition and health of children and adolescents.
A cool, interactive nutrition website for kids and parents with games, scavenger hunts, recipes, fitness challenges and more.
This website contains all of the latest government information about food and nutrition as well as childhood nutrition programs.

Weight-control Information Network
The Weight-control Information Network offers valuable tips and resources for parents regarding healthy eating and physical activity to manage weight in children.

(USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights,1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.